Thursday, February 12, 2009

Just thinkin...

We got back from a trip to Vanuatu about a month ago and I have been processing through so much. It is crazy to me how much went on, although I am still yet to discover all that happened in me. Always a process coming back from there. It can be hard, when you love a place, but find it extremely uncomfortable at the same time. I have such a different experience in Vanuatu when I am there with George. I experience the real culture and that at times is very difficult for me. I often talk with God about the idea of moving there and although it terrifies me, I know that it will happen eventually. I trust that God will get me ready for that time. My kids love it and fit in so well, it is amazing to watch them.



I spent some time talking with one of my nieces in Vila and she was asking me questions about the US and of course I was totally excited to answer them. When I finished her response was, "Wow, I could never live there, our lives here are so easy and your life sounds so complicated." It was true, but I think you love the place you grew up, no matter what that place was like.

Once upon a time I wanted to live my life in the outermost parts of the earth. Now that I have children, it just seems crazy to do that. It actually frustrates me at times. Once again, just another thing that I have left to God to change in me, if that is His desire.

2 comments:

Joel Stephan said...

Has anyone ever told you that you write really well? Keep posting, because I enjoy your writing :)

Jamie said...

Thanks for the encouragement - I never wanted to do a blog :)