Friday, March 6, 2009

A day in the life of me...

Today began with an early morning, "mom I''m hungry and want some cereal". I dragged my self out of bed in my underwear to pour some cereal for my little man. I sat down at the computer to check my email and heard a really big "OOPS". I didn't even turn around until it hit me that before the oops I heard a "swoosh". An entire pitcher of apple juice poured over the table and onto the carpet. Lydi was in tears..."it was an accident, I just wanted some juice mom". Really it was my fault for not paying attention. I wiped up the juice and sat back down at the computer.

"Uh Oh" I hear after a 'crash'! A jar of jelly fell from the counter onto the kitchen floor. Just another mess to cleanup.

I decided I should probably help with the peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches for breakfast. It then only takes me 2 hours to bathe all 3 of them, get them dressed, teeth brushed, rooms cleaned, and beds made. We are ready to head out the door to get out of the house for a few hours, when I suddenly realize that I haven't showered or brushed my teeth and, oh my, I'm still in my underwear!

So I complete the tasks of getting myself ready to go and by that time, everyone is hungry again and wants to have lunch before we go. So I make yet another meal of peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches (they had some carrots and apples too) and we sit down to eat lunch. After lunch and several arguments with my kiddos about tattling and running around the house with their peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches, I looked at the clock and decided it was nap time. So I put the kids down for a nap and by the third time of Lydi coming out of her room and saying, "mom, I forgot to tell you something, I love you", they were finally asleep.

I hurried and picked up the house the best I could, left quite a bit toothpaste smeered across the bathroom sink and there is still some jelly on the kitchen floor and your butt may stick to the chair at the kitchen table, but it 'looks' clean. I pulled some meat out of the freezer to thaw out for dinner, since I forgot to do it this morning. Oh, George said he needed his uniforms cleaned, so I ran some laundry upstairs.

I laid down on the couch to take a much needed break. My eyes close and I start to dose off............"Mom, I'm awake!! Did I take a long nap?" I look up at the clock and realize they had been sleeping for 2 hours. Oh well.

We finally get out of the house and go to McDonalds to burn some energy in the absolutely wonderful indoor play place (don't know what I would do without it). I sit down to eat a happy meal (since I didn't eat any lunch earlier) and just as I'm taking a bite of my cheeseburger, "mom, I have to go to the bathroom." Ok, I get up and grab all 3 of them and run to the bathroom. I get back and try a second time at eating my burger, "mom, I have to go to the bathroom again." AAAHHHHH - is this a test, because I don't think I will pass it. Finally the bathroom runs are over and I actually finish eating my happy? meal.

We are now off to go home and get dinner started for daddy. I think I will do stir fry tonight (it's what we have every night). I finish making dinner and set the table. As I am walking to the table with too many glasses in my hand, I trip over Malakai and one of the glasses drops out of my hand and onto the floor. I don't think the kitchen is very fond of us being in it. I clean up the mess and make sure no little pieces are left. George gets home and we sit down and eat dinner together. For some reason the kids are on their best behavior during dinner. After, they take their plates to sink and go get their jammies on. Daddy reads them a book and they head off to bed.

Now for my favorite time of the day (for more reasons than one). I start off in Lydi and Norah's room. I pray for my precious girls and sing them their bedtime song and Lydi and I have our little talks and she squeezes me and I give her several kisses. Then next is Kai's room, where I pray and sing for him also. Again another squeeze and kiss and then I wrap him up like a worm and we lay giggling together.

It is never quiet, rarely calm, hardly clean. I love my kids so much and can't ever imagine my life without them. Thank you God for blessing me with such amazing little creatures!!!!



4 comments:

Ian said...

Thank you for sharing that. Your blog has a simple yet beautiful design.

Anonymous said...

Oh snap. I'll never complain about my job at work again. I need to show this post to Holly. I'm sure she'll relate!

Halen said...

Wow. You are a superwoman. :)

Mary said...

So CUTE !!